Monday, August 22, 2011

52nd Mommy Mondays

So I've started thinking about potty training especially since money is tight with my husband's hours being cut for the last 2+ months. I cringed when I had to buy another case of diapers! My goal is to do the 3 Day Method during the 1st week in September. I'm starting to read the whole method and taking notes.

My son woke up dry yesterday morning since I didn't give him anything to drink 2 hours before bedtime and checked his diaper as soon as he woke up.

I'm scared though because he doesn't like to pee in the potty. He'll pee in his diaper, underwear or bathtub. I think I might need to incorporate him just going naked because he was holding his legs waiting for me to put his diaper on so he could go. He's been dying to have a toy motorcycle so I'm hoping this can be his motivation to go on the potty. I have to read the rest of the 3 Day Method though and see what they say about my concerns.

Anyone else use the 3 Day Method? My friend used it on her son last month and he's 2 days younger than my son and it worked amazingly with him! It took a little longer than 3 days, but he's fully trained both day and night - pee and poop, though poop took longer. I have big hopes for this to work, but I'm scared!!

No comments: