Monday, September 11, 2023

Smoking Grass as You Like it


James
In science, we are learning about the sun. We looked through a telescope with a sun filter. It looked mostly orange, but it did have a few sun spots. My teacher then demonstrated why the sun filter was needed. She took off the sun filter and put a sticky note right where you look into. She also put a piece of grass, and the grass started smoking!


Kaelyn
I went to a play called As You Like It. It's a Shakespeare play where a girl is kicked out of the kingdom. She pretends to be a guy. The play was great. One of my leaders from church played the lead.

Kaelyn's homeroom teacher asked if she'd rather have school start after Labor Day or before.
I say before because I don't want to get out of school in June.


Luke
I got to make a rocket with paper. We wrapped it around a PVC pipe for the shape. Then used a piece of an index card to make the point. I waited in line with my rocket. I pressed a button to shoot the rocket. There was a countdown.


 I played with my friends in our Stem Jr. club. I did MagnaTiles and potions with test tubes.



No comments: