Monday, February 1, 2021

Dental Appointments

With so many different and long appointments this week, my kids just worked on their list of the week. I don't have a lot of pictures though with how draining the week was.

MONDAY
We talked about temple work as we read the scriptures

Then the kids worked on their Night Zookeeper. My daughter did several pages from her Division workbook while her brother worked on Exact Path.

They played outside a lot today of their own choice.



TUESDAY
We are still reading our Tennis Shoes among the Nephites book.

I started a parenting class offered through their school district called, Guiding Good Choices.


The kids played in the snow again I was surprised they went out on their own accord.



WEDNESDAY

We took the youngest to the dentist. When we came back. We discovered we had no internet due to some construction breaking a fiber line. Our area was down for 7-8 hours.

So we had the kids try to learn a new card game we are creating ourselves. My husband and I have most of the rules in place along with names, but need to work on refining it before we get into the visuals. We used some basic cards to represent for now.

The 2 youngest did lots of painting.





The 2 oldest played BankIt from SimplyFun which is a fabulous game to learn budgeting and basic financial skills. It's been a family favorite for years.


We also played Werewords as a family. My daughter had a challenging word for her as a mayor - granite. She didn't quite know the word well enough to answer our questions. 


Then we got our Raspberry Pi out to play some old school video games. My youngest who is 3 did quite well playing Sonic the Hedgehog. I played my older kids in Tetris, my absolute favorite, best played on the Playstation.





THURSDAY

Today was dental day for my daughter. She had the orthodontist and then the dentist. She got 2 of the braces off her back teeth because now they need to push the front teeth back together now that the teeth have had room to grow.


FRIDAY
We had our Morning Routine and the kids finished up their 
Exact Path assignments. 

They had fun of an old website they used to use at their old school, called Little Alchemy. My oldest created Yoda.
They also played with one called Weave Silk?


My son's words about the week:
My parents are in the middle of making their own card game. Since our internet went out one day, we tried to play and test out their game with just normal playing cards to figure out more of the rules. There were a lot of cards. There's a point system and to win you have to the most points. I cannot go into further detail because my parents are still working on the game design, but I think it was really fun. I think my mom cheated though.


My daughter's:

I painted a sunset. It had blue and variations of yellow. It looked really pretty and painting helps me feel happy inside and creative.

No comments: