Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Cold Fall - Happy Halloween

Brrr it's cold this week! We got snow on Sunday, just a dusting, but lots of wind. It makes me want to huddle up at home. Good thing we did a lot of outings the week before. 

Lots to catch up on with blog posts, a vendor event, continuing I Love my Life event with a healing plan week, and general life like lots of laundry! Luckily my oldest has been really good about doing dishes and cleaned the bathrooms a couple times ---- all so he can earn more computer time or stay up later.

 

MONDAY

We completed our Morning Routine.
This week our affirmation is "I am smart and bright!"

We made Air Packs for their Among Us Costumes with duct tape and 2L bottles. 


They listened to an audio book while coloring Halloween pictures.


We've also been saving one our butterflies we let go last week. It was so cold, so we brought this guy back in and hopefully he'll live until it warms up in a few more days and he builds his flying strength.


TUESDAY

Morning Routine

Harry Potter audio book with more Halloween coloring 

Wii Sports

Exact Path  - my daughter did mostly language and reading ones while my oldest did mostly math.

My boys helped make our copycat Zuppa Toscana soup. 


My youngest put in all the potatoes that my oldest and I cut =)


 

WEDNESDAY

Library - my youngest came with me and helped put all the books in the return bin.

We got to borrow a game that has been suggested by many, Sleeping Queens and a STEAM kit! I'm excited to be able to use these resources!



Exact Path - my daughter didn't fight with me on any of them even when one of them wasn't a good test of knowledge and took the whole family to pass (Weak to strong words). 

Outschool Game Design with Agent Cubes online. My son had a frustration with some of the code and had to start over. 

Mini bookshelves were set up in the basement to display our library books instead of keeping them on our bench. 




I spent the day organizing the Basement again and going through things to donate or throw away. The kids cleaned up other areas of the house.


I finally got around to carving our pumpkins. My oldest helped get the seeds out. My husband loves to eat baked pumpkin seeds.
Who else has Among Us?




I had the Homeschool Support Group tonight - Mother Mentors. Here are some of my notes.

  • What's your idea of homeschool look like?
  • Read, Write, Basic Math
  • Quiet Time - where Mom reads - no talking, could draw
  • Teach them to be resourceful and where to find things they need
  • You don't need to memorize so much only if it's something they love
  • Interview your kids at least once a month to see what they want to do and feel like they should do
  • Inspiration --- get $5 worth of coloring and activity books at the $1 store for the kids to do while I read aloud. 
  • Marlene gave me a shoutout that I'm doing really good after I shared my resources of Night Zookeeper, Penpals, Big Life Journals and fun journals as a suggestion for writing and handwriting skills. We don't do them everyday, but we do them several times a month at least for right now.


THURSDAY

 Hair colored for my daughter and Halloween. She's lucky to have an aunt who can do her hair for a lot cheaper. Her aunt has her salon in her basement almost finished. 




FRIDAY

Their Fall Break - Since I went into work to help set up for Boo Thru, today was their fall break especially since they finished their list pretty much by Wednesday.

After my husband was done with work, we headed to the Boo Thru. It did well being socially distanced. Life almost felt normal in the outside world. Most people didn't know our costumes; maybe 4 did. I was impressed when a mom guessed correctly. The worse guess was Teletubbies haha.



 

Happy Halloween!

Here are our Among Us Halloween costumes =)

So glad it was warm today to go trick or treating.

 

No comments: