Monday, January 4, 2021

Christmas Break 2020

Our Christmas break started off pretty simple. They decorated a gingerbread house which we try to make a yearly tradition even before the kids were born =D



We went outside on the 21st to see Jupiter and Saturn with my camera super zoom lens. They look like hearts. I'm hoping we can invest in a telescope next year.


Finally figured out a recipe for not dry Rice Krispy Treats!
*6 TBSP butter instead of 3
*12-14 oz. marshmallows instead of 10
*normal 6 cups Rice Krispies


Christmas Eve 

We have several traditions for Christmas Eve.

My husband's parents came and brought Sugar Cookies for the kids to decorate for Santa. They got to eat one and then give one to Santa. This was nice that I didn't have to make any this year =D Though my MIL just made stars where I make all the Christmas shapes haha. I love variety.






After we read from Luke 2 while they colored nativity scenes. Usually they play with our Fisher Price Little People Nativity. We always have this out all December to play with as well.

On Christmas Eve, their elves  brought them their gifts of new pajamas!

Then our tradition is to watch The Polar Express.

Then we read The Night Before Christmas, actually my grandma does with a recordable storybook.


Christmas Gifts

They received lots of games for Christmas for homeschool. Thankfully all games, MagnaTiles were reimbursed through our online charter, My Tech High. More info on them on my first post about homeschool plans.

My oldest's favorite gift was his Ping Pong Travel set which can be used on pretty much any kind of table.


My husband received Werewords for Christmas since we love One Night Werewolf. The kids quickly loved this game too. We can't wait to play with a bigger group. 



This fun balancing game was Suspend; even the 3 year old was able to give it a try. 






They also received the Osmo Genius Kit which they all like to play. We got the Kindle edition, but found out later some of our Kindles are little old to support the apps so next Christmas they'll be getting a new Kindle to share and fit more of the games/apps unless of course a Kindle breaks before then.
I love how many different games are offered with this. 



We received new Expansion Packs for our Exploding Kittens game. Barking Kittens and Streaking Kittens! This game has been a family favorite for several years now.




More MagnaTiles, always a favorite. They youngest two even received some glow in the dark MagnaTiles.




Sleeping Queens is a new easy favorite game in our family. Kids got it from my parents for Christmas ðŸ˜Š 



My youngest's favorite gift was this Tornado Toy that he received from his grandparents. He has loved tornados for a long time and can see tornados in every day things.



My oldest's words about this week.
"A gift I got was a Portable Ping Pong set to use for my PE. I played Ping Pong with my sister and my mom. My mom destroyed me, and I beat my sister quite a bit. It was really fun because we can play on almost any table. One fitness goal I have is to be able to do 2 pull-ups. We have a pull up bar to practice on."

My daughter's words about this week.
"We played a new game called Sleeping Queens. To get a Queen, you need to play a King or steal a queen from someone with a Knight. You can play to win by getting the most points or the most Queens. You can also play a Sleeping Potion to put someone's Queen back to Sleep. The Wand can counteract the Sleeping Potion and the Dragon can counteract the Knight."

No comments: