Monday, January 18, 2021

Measuring Moments

MONDAY

We started off strong with our morning routine. Then the kids worked on Osmo and Smart Links

My daughter learned more about using a different kind of measuring cup, a measuring moments lesson. She did 1 1/3 C of oil instead of 1/3 C in her brownie mix. I instantly new it wasn't correct by feeling the mix so I asked about her ingredients and explained how the glass 2 C measuring worked. She only saw the 1/3 top line. This also happened last week with our blender. She looked at the top lines not the bottom. 

I had to run to the store so I bought some more brownie mix, and we quadrupled the recipe. I individually wrapped a pan and a half of brownies and put them in a freezer bag. Now we have about 90 cupcakes and about 30 brownies in our freezer =D

Have you had any fun Measuring Moments that you were able to save?


Fun Fact - my friends would have me cut their birthday cakes at their parties because I cut quite evenly =)

My daughter drew this on her "Boogie Board" today, well technically my free one I received from ordering the kids theirs. 

In the evening, this one had fun with me playing baseball with his giant red ball and then doing some boxing to get some energy out before bed. 

TUESDAY
After our morning routine, we worked on some family history and the kids answered and recorded a question. They did this at our local family history center a couple years ago so it was fun to hear the change in their voices. It worked well to record with just our computer camera. 



Then the kids worked on their Beast Academy and Brain Quest workbooks. Then my oldest did Tangrams with Osmo and my daughter worked on something to help get to know some neighbor kids.




In the afternoon, I had them follow a book with instructions for a Minecraft city! It will take a bit of time, but they thought it was fun so far.

We played Werewords as a family too. 


WEDNESDAY
We started reading Tennis Shoes among the Nephites and have a goal to finish it by the end of the school year. 

We played a geography game. You matched the states and then could read a fact about the state.



With both activities, I discussed words they might not have know and popular phrases. 


THURSDAY
Minecraft - my daughter worked on making a daycare. More information about that at the end in her own words. Isn't she so creative!?!




We then focused on cleaning because we had Pest Control coming in. After that, my daughter built this fort which was much easier now that we have so many chairs. 

Then they begged to try my new dōTERRA Nutrition line. We just tried the protein ones first.

My son liked the vanilla one best, and my daughter the chocolate one. There's lots of recipes on the website



FRIDAY

My kids worked on their Exact Path and then we all tried our best snack box yet. I was pleasantly surprised. 


My son's share about the week.
We are making a Minecraft city using a map from a book to build it. Right now, we're still stuck on the digging part  because it has an area of 48,242 blocks. When we start making the city, my sister and I are thinking of adding a pet shop to buy pigs, rabbits, dogs and cats.


My daughter's share:
I was in Minecraft. I built a daycare. It had a napping room with rainbow beds, a playroom with bookshelf stairs, and the kitchen also had bookshelf stairs. The walls were strawberries in the kitchen with apple floors. On the second floor, there were banana walls and banana floors. The napping room had a black star roof.

No comments: