Monday, February 15, 2021

Valentine Ready


MONDAY
We played with some new things from Rainbow Resource Center

My oldest really loved the geoboards. 


I grabbed a lot of Geography things for the site. 

We played at a local park after our walk. 




The kids are into an Uno game run. They've been playing so often.

Ouch! Lots of points!

Do you read the rules to old games? It was interesting to look at the rules for Uno compared to when I played as a kid. It's funny to hear what house rules friends have had with old games. =D


The kids worked on Beast Academy workbooks.

I got out the beans for my son to play and dig in. 

The kids also worked on their Big Life Journals. 


TUESDAY

In the evening, my daughter participated in my Parenting Good Choices class. They have a section for the kids to role play. It was pretty awesome. Then my kids got $5 Walmart gift cards for role playing. 



My daughter has been working hard on this coloring page. 


Science Club through My Tech High.


They played around with static electricity. 




It was National Pizza Day so I grabbed our favorite Dominos toppings.

WEDNESDAY

The kids learned some magic tricks with the Homeschool Support Group. My daughter was able to try it for the group and she was surprised she was able to do it.


She finished her coloring page. 

My oldest creating on the geoboard again.

THURSDAY
My daughter started a new coloring page during her art club with My Tech High.


We tried a funny, old ---- new to us game called Funglish that we grabbed from the library. 
It was quite difficult. I guess we need to work on our vocabulary more.


Can you guess the words we were trying to describe?



Granted it was for 12+ so my oldest did the best with it, but I struggled too with some.


Coloring pages in her affirmations book.


My daughter working on her latest Doodle Crate with embossing.


Another geoboard creation. It's so interesting to see their favorites things to use and create with.


FRIDAY
If the kids were in public school, they would have had their Valentine's party so we decided to put their Valentines together and deliver it to some of their friends. 





We then worked on a density experiment from a science kit from the library. The kids loved this experiment. 





J:
This week we tried a new game called, Funglish. We try to describe a word using specific adjective cards. One person puts up this sign that has adjectives on them with 3 sections: definitely, kind of, and not. It was really hard to get the word maybe because it was a 12 and up game. My mom won with 4 correct. My sister had 2 and I had 3 right. 

K:
I made cookies (on Friday night). I had to measure everything correctly it would mess up the cookies like I sorta did last time, but at least they still tasted good. My mom helped me and so did my little brother (he poured in stuff).

No comments: