I participated this time because they seemed easy enough, and I needed some more fall decor. The tutorial for the pumpkins was from Holly Brimhall.
The first step wasn't too hard to understand. The second step I had to reread several times and try it out myself before I understood it. You lay your stem upside down on the right side of the fabric with some excess of the stem hanging off the fabric. Then place your other piece of fabric on top of that with the right side in.
Then when you sew them together, sew probably 1/2 in. in from the side to make sure you didn't miss any parts. My first pumpkin had some holes in it because I tried to sew so close to the edge. Also sew in a circular/pumpkin shape and then trim off the edges before turning inside out. I didn't do this so well with my first pumpkin (the yellow one) that its shape turned out interesting.
Here are my finished creations. I added some flower wire and wrapped the ends around my finger. I need to look for some big fat ribbon to make it better and then find a good spot to put these guys.
I really like them even though they're not perfect. I just went through all my fabric and coordinated colors and patterns as best as I could. The polka dot and the yellow fabrics are actually napkin/towel place mats.