Friday, October 5, 2012

105th Fashionable Fridays - Paint that Nail


Happy Friday! Today I'm going to show you how to get these marble nails! They are super easy especially if you aren't very good with your non-dominant hand!


Start off by painting your nails a thin coat of whatever color you want to use for the base of the marbling. I chose Color Club- Take Me to Your Chateal.


 
One nail at a time, use the same base color and paint on one thick coat.


While the base color is still wet dot on the colors you want to be in the marble. I chose Wet n Wild fastdry- Silvivor for the silver then the lighter blue is Venique- Rolling Tides and the darker blue is China Glaze- Blue Year's Eve.


While that is all still wet swirl the dots together with a sewing needle or toothpick. The needle leaves less bald spots since the tip is smaller/thinner. Finish all your nails and all you're left to do is apply a topcoat and you're done!


Have a great weekend everyone!!(:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Kristyn! So elegant - just gorgeous!

3 comments:

heartygirl said...

Wow I am really impressed with your nails! I would not have believed it was non done at the manicurist if I didn't read your blog because it is so pretty and nicely done!

Laurie B-C Amazon Reviews said...

This is such a great idea... who would have thought you could actually do this at home instead of a salon! Very impressive. I will try this out for sure! Thank you :)

Yu Ying said...

This is really cool! It looks so professional and nicely done. Thank you for this post; it inspires me to try my hand at it as well!