Monday, November 23, 2020

Pen Pals and the Portal

Over the weekend, my husband and I worked on building their 3D Printer. Glad I have him to help. My husband builds a lot of computers, I think he's up to 9?
We're excited to learn how to use this all together.

MONDAY

Kids were not happy today so we had a rough start. Plus it's BOGO week for me, and I am helping teach another Essential Oil Study this week so busy busy. 

We got our Facebook Portal working again so the kids had fun using that to do their Compliments and Gratitude videos and creating other videos. 

Since they seemed grumpy with each other, I gave them separate lists that they could do without being in the same room to get some peace in the house. It helped some. 

My daughter had 3 Pen Pal letters to write and put out in our mailbox. 

My son learned about the Human Body through Outschool some more and worked more on his game designs. 

We worked together on more leaves this afternoon just in our front yard. It's been like 2 weeks since we did it. Luckily the wind has helped get most of the leaves off our trees. Hopefully we can finish the backyard later this week while it's warm. 




TUESDAY

My daughter still struggled this morning and needed a time out before she started today.
My son wrote a pen pal letter today. 
They both did their compliment and gratitude videos on their own with the Portal after our Morning Routine. 
We submitted our weekly report logs to My Tech High. We stay a couple weeks head with it just in case we forget. 

My daughter then spun the wheel and got PE and Night Zookeeper so they did their Wii Fit test first. After lunch, they watched an American Girl show since they've been reading some of the books. Then they each chose an area to clean. 

My son working on Night Zookeeper and showing me some of his creatures he created.  



WEDNESDAY

Today was all about cooking since they had 2 different cooking classes today. We made Pumpkin Crunch Cake so it was ready to show for their 2nd cooking club since it took about an hour to cook through.

She was so impressed that she could to the can opener by herself. Her older brother struggled with it last week.


All ready to put into the oven.

While their cake was cooking, my daughter and I worked on her desk since it was a warmer day. Originally it was black. 


The kids also made a ship I think in their playhouse. They all used their imaginations and I could hear them doing cleaning and homework tasks plus taking food requests. It always warms my heart when I hear them working or playing together. 


We got the recipe from their Homeschool Support Cooking Class. They learned how to make Green Bean Casserole from that one too, but want to wait to make it on Thanksgiving. They colored their elaborate turkey pages while they listened about some other cooking tips and talked with the other kids in the class. Then they later learned how to make Napkin Turkeys. It was a challenge. 

For My Tech High Mix It Club, they learned about Pumpkins, Squash and Yams. Then they did a breakout room to talk about their favorite foods and share their pumpkin dishes.




While they were doing their next class, I was eating 2 helpings of the Pumpkin Crunch cake =D It tastes best with lots of vanilla ice cream at least to me.


My oldest enjoyed it, but not enough to eat a lot of it. My daughter did not like it which wasn't a surprise. I'm just glad she tried it. 

Since we had time before our school day was done, I had them learn about Setting a Table. They were going to learn this in their first cooking class, but ran out of time with it so I shared with them. 


THURSDAY

I reminded the kids they couldn't use the TV or Kindles before school, so they have been playing games together which I love!
They were sorting the Unstable Unicorn cards to see all the different cards and see different combos.

We did our Morning Routine.

I had this large Library Stack to Return which I did during their snack break. 


I grabbed a Stem Kit about place value because I think that it confuses my daughter sometimes and I also grabbed Cover your Assets game from the library to try! I've played a long time ago with some big gamer friends. Then I've also played Cover your Kingdoms which I seemed to like much better so we'll see how playing with the kids is. 

The kid continued their Pretend Play with Restaurant/School/Home in the play house. 

I helped finish the Holidays Sprays with labels while they played and used their imagination.

After lunch we played Cover your Assets. The kids picked it up easily. My daughter was super lucky! Twice she had just a hand full of Silver and Gold. She crushed us in the first round with over $600K.

I upped my game play and ended up winning one of the games.


FRIDAY

I had to work today, subbing again in the preschool. The lead teacher's daughter was sick so I had to help the other normal assistant. If I was more familiar with the room and routine, I could easily sub for the lead with my past experience in daycare, teaching preschool and teaching in schools. 

I helped the preschooler make these turkeys.


Since I was at work, I made a list for the kids with doing 2 Exact Path Reading and 2 Exact Path Math. My daughter had to do Night Zookeeper while my son had to work on his game for Outschool. They also did their compliments and gratitude videos on their own. When I got home, I had to remind both of them how different division problems can look. My oldest tried to help his sister with a division problem, but forgot that they can look different in set up. 

Since I missed it during work, I had the kids watch with me the Prophet's message of Hope and his #GiveThanks challenge. I guess we'll start sharing some of their gratitude videos in my Facebook Stories =)


No comments: