Monday, June 17, 2013

87th Mommy Mondays - Growing Old

Last week during lunch, my son was commenting on our family's hair color. He said he had brown, Daddy had gray (he's bald with brown hair actually), Mommy has black brown hair (he remembered that I said I have dark brown hair), and his sister has brown hair like him. Then he asks about our ages since he forgot. He told me I was 40, but told him I was 48. Then he asked his Daddy and he said 31? (my husband doesn't remember his age all the time), and our son was like no you have 3 numbers like his dad was in his 100s or something. Funny funny!

Apparently my husband is really old. Here's a picture of him so you can see he's really not that old. My husband did say it would be cool to be 100 and feel like in his 30s.
I guess since he cuts his hair at a 0, it's really hard to tell what color it is =)



I remember when I was 16 and a kid I babysat for told me I was going to die soon since I was that old =)

Love kids' thinking. What funny things have your kids said about you lately?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think my husband had a pretty good Father's Day yesterday. We made him a card through Shutterfly and the kids colored and signed it. I made him a nice breakfast and later simple dinner. Earlier in the week he got the new movie, Oz. It was awesome movie; glad we bought it. Friday we ate at Panda Express - one of his favorite places to eat. Last night we ended the day with a guy movie, Jack Reacher - pretty good - not overly awesome. Great guy movie - several funny parts too.




Here's a poem I found through Facebook that I thought was fitting for my husband.

"A dad is someone who
wants to catch you before you fall
but instead picks you up,
brushes you off,
and lets you try again.

A dad is someone who
wants to keep you from making mistakes
but instead lets you find your own way,
even though his heart breaks in silence
when you get hurt.

A dad is someone who
holds you when you cry,
scolds you when you break the rules,
shines with pride when you succeed,
and has faith in you even when you fail..."


Hope all the dads and other men who have taken the role of Dad in a child's life out there had Happy Father's Day!

No comments: