Wednesday, August 7, 2013

27th Wellness Wednesdays - Sandwiches

In efforts to lose those surprising 10 pounds, I've been trying to add more fruits and vegetables into my diet and avoid the sweets.

One of my favorite sandwiches to make lately is

Wheat Bread, Turkey or Chicken Salad, Spinach, Lettuce, Cucumber, Avocado and Tomato


I've been keeping track of my calories to keep them at about 1500-2000, using the Slim & Sassy essential oil - just a couple drops on my stomach and rubbing it in, avoiding ice cream most days, walking or doing crunches, stretches and jumping jacks, and using my hand to help size out portion control. See image below.


When I followed this routine, I lost 2 lbs in the first week. It's tough - I hate dieting and watching calories, but I don't want this to be a trend. It's tough especially because I haven't been eating dinner with my family because my husband works until 8:30 - we usually eat dinner then or later! I think eating all before 8pm has also helped a great deal.


No comments: