Monday, April 14, 2014

Crazy Mom Post for Just a Touch of Crazy

What do you LET your kids do so you can accomplish something else in your house?

Here's one thing I let my child play with so I could bake without messing up. The last time I let her help me, the cookies didn't quite turn out right - miscounted something. So I give her a bowl filled with some flour (flour is pretty cheap right?) and let her mix herself. Unfortunately it turned into a huge mess --- good thing for vacuums!

 Of course I couldn't yell at her; I took pictures! Memory keeping shouldn't just show "perfect" lives.




Needless to say, in the future, I gave her a lot less flour to play around with, like a couple spoonfuls instead of a couple cups.

Most of the time I help my kids bake, but with things with a lot less ingredients (especially for children who really like to do things their own way like my daughter). A favorite in our house to bake together is cheesecake or banana bread. 

Check me, Maryanne, out on my blog, Crafty Mommy Diva for Mommy Mondays, Wellness Wednesdays, and Fashionable Fridays and when I find time crafts, recipes, and other fun ideas. You can also follow me on Facebook.

No comments: