Monday, November 2, 2015

106th Mommy Mondays - Rebecca's Story about PPOCD

I was grateful to meet this woman and learn from her as part of the #IAMSTIGMAFREE campaign movement. Learning from her, I believe I also dealt with this with my 2nd child which probably made my depression so much worse. I am grateful though to be able to understand myself better.

PPOCD: PostPartum Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is one of the most under-reported PostPartum issues.

If you know someone who is pregnant or recently had a baby then say something like, "I know you probably don't have this problem, but I promised my friend Rebecca, who had a postpartum issue, that I would mention this to anyone I know who could have any possible chance of dealing with this. It's called Postpartum OCD and it's where you have scary thoughts that you might hurt your baby. It's really common, and can be easily treated. Most women who have this are too scared to tell anyone, and that's why I'm mentioning this. Just in case you or anyone you know ever has to deal with this or some other postpartum issue." 

PHOTOGRAPHY BY // Martha Keyes http://www.marthakeyes.com/


For more support if you think you are dealing with this, check out this website: http://www.postpartumprogress.com/hope-for-moms-with-postpartum-ocd-intrusive-thoughts


No comments: