Monday, February 3, 2014

95th Mommy Mondays - End the Mommy Wars

This article that depicts different moms and their different parenting choices has got me thinking about moms in my area. I live in a Mormon dominated community and sometimes there's judgement felt by many moms. During the next few weeks, I'm going to have these local moms share their thoughts on motherhood and raising children. The topics won't necessarily be about those pictures in the article, but I think it will be great to see the differences, the joys, the struggles of those moms in my local areas. I hope you can look at the moms in your local areas with more love and compassion instead of judgement. We don't know all the reasons or what's goes on in the background. I know since I had my second child, my beautiful stubborn daughter, I have learned a lot about I've needed to do to survive, but have faced some criticism for the way I had to do things. It hurts, but has opened my eyes to be more compassionate to others for the decisions they make.

"You make the choices best for you, I’ll make the choices best for me, and while our choices will often times differ, let’s choose to love one another instead of critique,' she writes.

Key message: The women agree that it's far more important to concentrate on 'raising healthy children'

No comments: