Thursday, December 23, 2010

Gingerbread Houses

Back in 2007, my husband and I did a Gingerbread House together. I've been wanting to make it a tradition in our family, but having a kid, getting busy around the holidays and money being tight I kept forgetting.


Well this year while shopping by myself, I decided to splurge on the $9 kit to have some more Christmas memories. I'm so glad I did! I can't wait to do it again next year. It was so fun to watch our 2 year old help.




After this point, I took off the large balls of candy because we discovered they were mint and too good to keep on the gingerbread house. Then we let our son just have at it.
Don't you love his little hand adding candies in the left picture?

Here we got creative with some other candy. I made Christmas trees with a Reeses bottom and a Hershey Kiss top. My son was then obsessed with making little trees.




Maybe when all the kids are older, I'll attempt to make gingebread from scratch unless someone has a really good easy recipe I could try for next year!

What traditions do you have with your family that builds wonderful memories?

No comments: