Wednesday, June 29, 2011

1st Work-out Wednesday

Last night was the first time I really work out since having my baby.....bad huh! I'm 9 weeks postpartum and haven't lost any weight since my 6 week check-up. I've gained 2-3 lbs. since then! I blame it on having gestational diabetes! Now that I don't have that anymore, I've probably been pigging out on too many carbs! What an eye opener since having GD, I eat tons of carbs and so do a lot of people.
I also blame my family all getting sick. Now that we're all better, we're catching up with rest of life. Plus how do people have the time to work out with 2+ kids. I'm lazy; I don't like working out unless it's fun like playing basketball or volleyball with friends or I doing Wii Fit. That's how I lost the weight after I had my son (plus being a bridesmaid for my friend's wedding 4 months after having a baby and needing to fit in a dress was good motivation - by the way, I didn't end up fitting in the dress....).

I am going to try and do the Wii Fit at least twice a week for now and decided I should report my progress here so I can be more accountable! I'll have Work-out Wednesday every other week. Feel free to link up your fitness/health posts/blogs too so we can motivate each other!

I'm breastfeeding so I'm probably not going to change my diet too much, just eat less sweets now that I've had my fun of them from being without a lot of them when I was pregnant. But those who are breastfeeding and would like to diet as well as exercise, I recommend Baby Fit. It incorporates the amount of calories you need while breastfeeding, lets you keep track of what you eat, gives you a meal plan even! It's pretty sweet.

I guess I've been getting motivated the last couple weeks because we have no money to buy me new clothes. I hate the transition phase. Other motivation the Wii Fit says I'm borderline overweight so my Wii Character turned into a chubby one instead of a normal one.
At least my husband has gained 10 lbs. - he used to weigh 155 and is 6'4, but now weighs 165. His brothers all have gained some weight too so I'm not fatter than all of them, just one.

Here are my stats:
Pre-pregnancy: 131 lbs.
Gained 36 lbs. when pregnant - 167 lbs.
Current weight: 147 lbs.
Goal: flatter tummy (so I don't look pregnant still when I wear my pre-pregnancy shirts), 140 by September 1st. OR to fit into my 7-9 jeans comfortably.
Ideally would love to be 120-125 again.

May 29, 2011 -postpartum

 April 2010 - before baby #2



Link up your fitness/health posts/blogs too so we can motivate each other!



3 comments:

Livvy said...

Way to be!
I need to jump on this band wagon.
We are going to stay at the lake end of summer and I need to get ready for it! Count me in!

bcriminger said...

My husband and I have been working like crazy to be fit and loose weight. We got all the unhealthy stuff out of the house and I am now walking to work. One job is 2.5 miles away and the other is 1. I do at least 5 miles a day, most days more. We play tennis and volleyball as well :)

Sarah said...

I really, really need to be better with exercising!

And I am so terribly tired all the time so I crave sugar for a quick pick me up, then feel like crap after.

Glad you are doing these posts, I can use all the motivation I can get... especially this week- ah!