Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Butterfly Pink and Lime Birthday - Tablecloth Streamers

I did these tablecloth streamers for my daughter's 1st birthday. I was super excited about them when I saw them on Pinterest.

Of course I only saw the picture of how they looked first.
 It wasn't until after the fact, that I found the real directions to do them here and pinned them here.


Here are how mine turned out since I didn't follow any directions.

It was a little tricky since my family room was smaller than the original, so not all of mine were the same length, but it still turned out cool. I put mine up like 2-3 days in advance (not the center part though) and it eventually started to fall down right after the party. Since my ceiling isn't a typical ceiling (trailer type), I ended up using duct tape to hold up there so the centerpiece was crucial in hiding that =). I think next time I might combine this idea with the Hula Hoop Streamers Idea. That might be stronger and faster!
I would also have a friend/spouse help put these up. I don't know if I could have done it without my friend! I sure poked myself a ton too with push pins!

My centerpiece are those crepe paper balls (I didn't make them this time and just bought them from Oriental Trading) and then I added white butterfly clips (also from Oriental Trading) to them for more prettiness =).

I'm Topsy Turvy

2 comments:

Livvy said...

Love it! I love the idea of decorating the ceiling for a party.
And that hula hoop idea is smart. I will have to remember that one!

Chrissy @ the Pearl Blog said...

it turned out great and i love the colors your chose!