Friday, May 28, 2010

Fashionable Fridays #9

I'm linking up to One Crafty Mommy's Fashionable Fridays! Check it out! One Crafty Mommy and Fashionista on a Dime are working together to share affordable fashion! You can link up posts of your fashion, questions about fashion, etc.!

Would you like to become a sponsor for Fashionable Fridays. Check it out here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wore this outfit to church a couple weeks ago. It helped me feel skinnier. I've been tucking in my shirts a lot more so I can try to accentuate my waist. Most of my shirts hit my hips thus the tucking in. Plus this skirt has little pockets and rouching area that looks silly if I had the shirt over it.
As I look at this picture again, not so sure about my stomach area. Plus my chest has become smaller since I've stopped nursing making my "baby fat" look a little more prominent - bummer!
Blue long sleeve shirt: Shade Clothing - $5 on sale
Cream pocket skirt: Layers Clothing (out of season) - $10



Here are my cute silver shoes. I had bought these at some large shoe store in Chicago for my friend's wedding last year.

Here's my hair. I had to do something quick since I didn't have time to straighten it. So I did a side messy bun and put some rhinestone spiral clips in to add a little more glam. The spiral clips, I believe are from Kohls. My friend gave them to all her bridesmaids to wear in their hair for her wedding.


Let me know what you think! Any tips would be appreciated too. Remember I'm no fashion expert! =D

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I think that looks really great!

And whatever, you are sooo skinny! :)

Amanda said...

The colors are GREAT! I love the skirt, shoes and top. One trick to de-emphasize the waist is to add a statement necklace to bring attention there. ;)

You look fabulous! <3

christa said...

you look great!
the only thing i would add is a long necklace, that would break up the space from your neck to the top of the skirt, it could really elongate you too, some thing cute and pretty like this:
http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=acc_necklace&product_id=1000004263&Page=all&pgcount=25

Livvy said...

I agree with all above! You look gorgeous and I love that skirt!

MBC Scrapbooking said...

The skirt is adorable! Love the shoes- maybe some fun bright pedicure polish?