Wednesday, July 6, 2011

2nd Work-out Wednesday

Here are my stats:
Height: 5'4 (I should have shared that last week!)
Beginning Measurements
  • Around the Belly: 39 in. (47 in. 38 weeks pregnant with my daughter- I was only 45 in. with my son, but I weighed almost 10 lbs. more)
  • Waist: 38in.
  • Around my bottom: 40.25 in.
  • Upper Arm: 12.25 in.
  • Inner Thigh: 23.5 in

Pre-pregnancy: 131 lbs. Gained 36 lbs. when pregnant:  167 lbs.

Beginning weight: 147 lbs.

Today's Weight: 147.4 (boo!) after morning work-out and breakfast, 146 after walking outside and before lunch (see how much your weight can flunctuate in one day! Remember to weigh yourself the same time each day either always before or after eating)
Today's Around the Belly: 38.5 in.

Goal: flatter tummy - 34 in. around my belly  (so I don't look pregnant still when I wear my pre-pregnancy shirts), 140 by September 1st. OR to fit into my 7-9 jeans comfortably.
Ideally would love to be 120-125 again and 30-32 in again.


Well truth I didn't do very well this week. I only worked out once, this morning, and that was because of all the comments I received last week - it was a great motivation to know people read my post. It's been super hot in our house like 88 degrees....our swamp cooler isn't working correctly yet and we have no AC....so I've been eating probably too much ice cream, my weakness! Anyone have any good cold/frozen treat recipes that are healthier?
I also have to remember that my weight lost will be slow.....here's an article below from Baby Fit.
BREASTFEEDING AND LOSING WEIGHT
I am breastfeeding and want to lose weight. Is this safe?
--------------------------------------

Part of the reserves that your body has retained are so that you would have plenty of energy for feeding your baby. Don't try to lose weight until breastfeeding is well established and you are producing plenty of milk for your baby's needs.
The goal of weight loss while breastfeeding is to lose gradually, about half a pound to a pound each week. In order to accomplish this, it is advised that you eat a nutritious diet with 300-500 calories above your pre-pregnancy needs, exercise every day and cut back on foods high in fat and sugar, such as potato chips, cookies, candy, soft drinks, and fried foods. Do not try diet pills, liquid diets, or other weight loss products. They do not work and could be harmful to yourself or the baby.
Becky Hand R.D., L.D.


GOAL for the week: I will try to eat less ice cream and work out more (charge batteries up for the Wii in advance!).


This morning, I couldn't do my Wii Fit because my batteries died so I just did the running on there (not my favorite, but I did it.). I did 2 long distances on the Wii Fit and the second time I did it with 2 lbs. weights. I did some weight exercises and stretching too. Then later I went to play group and walked home pushing my kids in the stroller instead of getting a ride home from friends - it was only a couple blocks though.



Link up your fitness/health posts/blogs too so we can motivate each other!

2 comments:

Discovering the Me in Mommy said...

Sounds like you're doing a good job staying motivated! =)
Every little bit is a step in the right direction, better than nothing at all!
Good luck!

Sarah Newsom said...

You can do it! On exercise tv there is free workouts you can download and the best thing is that there is some that are as short as 5 min! They work you out hard too. Also you could break up a 30 min workout into 2 15 min segments. Im rooting for you!