Monday, April 18, 2011

38th Mommy Mondays

Well this has been a hard week for me especially last night. No this baby girl is not here yet. I was dilated to a 3-4 last Tuesday and 75% effaced, but she doesn't want to come out. I walked and pushed my son in the stroller several times last week, vacuumed the whole house, etc. - no consistent contractions just lots more pain and pressure. She's so low, I was hoping my water would break, but nope.
Tomorrow is my next appointment and I can be induced sometime this week. If I'm dilated to a 6+ tomorrow, then I should be induced tomorrow. If I'm at a 5 and if I have a choice, I would like to be induced on Thursday just because it will be my half birthday and I don't know anyone with that birthday unless of course she decides to come on her own. We'll see.
Last night was especially hard because one I had so much pain and pressure from her movements - it was hurt more than the contractions I'd been having. Then my son woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep. His eczema has flared up again, making him all itchy. Add that to get his the top 2nd year molars and a runny nose. By 5:30, I was crying for him to go back to sleep wondering how I was going to do this when the other baby comes. Eventually I stuck him out front in front of the TV. Thank goodness for Nick Jr. He was able to relax some while I cried and prayed. I couldn't go back to sleep, but at about 6:30am, I sat on the recliner and he cuddled up with me and we fell asleep for a little bit, but he couldn't stay comfortable and I was able to get him to sleep back in his bed for 2 more hours. Today will be a fun day.

While I was crying, I got to thinking about the good things this past week. More moments with my son and just our family of 3. Last night we looked at home videos of him as a baby making me more excited to have this new baby in my arms - to cuddle her, hold her, feel her chubbiness, etc. Earlier in the week, we looked at photo books and scrapbooks of my son when he was little too. It was fun to remember how fat he was and the milestones.


My son especially loves to look at the Shutterfly Photo books I've made especially the ones about him.


I love Shutterfly! They have so many easy things to make especially for moms who are limited on time.
I did my son's 1st birthday party invitation from them.

With Mother's Day coming up, check out their Mother's Day Cards and gifts. I've made cards through them before and I love the option of them mailing it out for you too! Super easy! Here are a few I really like!



Are you a blogger? Click here to sign up for a chance at 50 free cards from Shutterfly.


As I remembered some of those moments from the week, I'm looking forward to Mother's Day knowing that I'll have two precious children then. To remember how lucky I am to be a mother. There are definitely really challenging days and lots of sacrifices made, but it's all worth it to watch your child grow and learn, to receive their hugs and kisses, to watch them with your husband, and so much more.

Some other good moments from the week:
  • My almost 2 1/2 year old can now do his 24 piece Dora puzzle completely by himself.
  • We made blueberry muffins together
  • the way my son says "yes"
  • Watching my son playing with his Daddy
  • Kissing my tummy to show love for his baby sister

3 comments:

Sarah said...

awww, those moments are hard! Lack of sleep can sure get the best of us moms.

Good luck with everything this week. Try to take it easy & "Be still and know that He is God." I remember feeling so anxious when my daughter was overdue. It will work out perfectly. You'll look back on this time and see the Lord's hand in it all.

Your little lady is just going by her own timetable! :)

Jessica Buffa said...

Maryanne it is so nice to see that you are still able to blog. Hun, God works in mysterious ways and just know that the more you will appreciate her when she arrives. I am sorry to hear the week has been rough, but know that it will all be well forgotten. Before you know it, you will be going over her scrapbooks and photos and saying "wow, she is one already". Hope all is well and just wanted you to know I am thinking of you!
:O)
Keeping you in my prayers, hun!

Katie said...

I am anxiously waiting for you to have baby too! Praying for you:)