Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mother's Day Sign

Here was the project that I taught this month at my local craft store. I made my advance since I wasn't sure if I was going to have the baby yet. Good thing because using Crackle Paint is tricky! I had to try like 5x to get it right! Also they had me make this one since their example wasn't as pretty! =D

Here's the example that the Store Made. The black photo corners just weren't cutting it for us so I added the hand Die Cut and Heart Punch on mine to match the quote.
TIPS: Anyway make sure you have new crackle paint - at first they wanted me to use one they had opened already. Use a real paint brush - not foam brush when doing the crackle paint. Only let the crackle paint dry for 5 minutes not the 15-40 that it says on the directions. I went vertical with the regular acrylic paint, then went horizontal with the Crackle Paint. Oh and do just one section at a time!

I'm so excited about the Father's Day project for next month's class!

1 comment:

CK said...

Oh, I love this! I love the saying and the slats. What a treasure for you!